Sunday, November 9, 2014

An excerpt from my book...


201.04 The Shrine…

I began to engage in deep introspections concerning the truth of my-self in this place… One night, under a heavy curtain of clouds, there was no visible starlight, and the moon’s reflections were lost… From one darkness to another, my mind slipped into an abysmal sleep… Within the darkness of this slumber, something else began…
It began in the manner that dreams do, with no true beginning… Initially, there was nothing in this dream… By nothing, I mean that there was only a black void where nothing existed… Even I didn’t seem to exist in the void of this dream… I only seemed to become present within the dream in a most detached sense…
In the ethereal sense that dreams are allowed to make, I seem to find my-self in the darkness of this dream… My-self is not something I can sense in any real manner… A sense of being drawn inwards propels me… I begin to drift inside of the dreaming void… The dream makes it known to me that I am drifting towards my self
The greatest sense of detachment is prevalent throughout this darkened dream… My self exists apart from my dreaming-mind, and the void exists beyond these dissociations, etc, etc, etc… It’s as if there isn’t any such thing as space/time …
Despite the darkness and surreal detachment, I drift without motion towards this sense of my self… Somehow, I begin to sense that I am drifting closer to my self in this void… Then I begin to see the darkness as obscuring my ability to perceive my self…
In this non-sense of dreaming, I see that my self is not only obscured by darkness, but also by a collage of forms… The forms them-selves are also dark, and only appear as less darkened mass… None of the forms can be seen clearly enough to be identified as anything in particular… Everything remains obscured from me…
As I observe the forms, they seem to be attaching them-selves to what my dreaming-mind associates with my self… The forms seem to appear out of nowhere in the void, and drift towards the area around my unseen self… They appear to be forming some sort of formless shrine… This shrine is to my self, and precedes its presence…
Formless figures affix them-selves to the shrine, and immediately begin to degrade… Fragments of the black shapeless forms crumble away from the shrine, and become evaporated in the nothingness of the void… As this is happening, the remnants of the shapeless forms seem to dissolve into each-other… These dissolving forms are diluted into the whole of them, and form the shapeless structure of the shrine… Nothing holds any form in this dream, not even the shrine…
A terrifying sense begins to possess my dreaming-mind in this darkened dream… Suddenly, I begin to fear that my self might become dissolved into the formlessness of the shrine… My drifting presence becomes forcefully propelled by a desire to break through the formlessness of the shrine… I plunge through the formless-forms, and submerge my dreaming-presence beneath them… Another vacant void exists between the penetrated shrine and my unseen self…
I am still unable to perceive my self in this void of voids… The shrine disappears into the outer void, as I drift deeper and deeper towards my sensed self…
Within this dream, I begin to wonder… What will happen if I find my self? What would become of me, if I were to discover my self? Would I become diluted into my self, or would my self become diluted into me? How would I be able to merge with my self, or avoid such a merger? What am I to do? Terror grips my dreaming-mind, as I continue to drift through this void of voids…
I become detached from even the very act of drifting… At this point, I no longer have any intentions of drifting towards the core of my self… Instead, it is as if I continue drifting in spite of my dreaming-presence… Wondering what there might be within this void and beyond it, I continue to drift…
With a maddening subtlety, my dreaming fades into my obliviousness of waking… As I transition into waking, the dreamscape’s darkness becomes the blackened night… My drifting through the dream’s void of voids fades into a sense of falling… Instead of colliding with my self in the dream, I collapse onto the earthly surface beneath me…
Another kind of darkness follows this for what can’t be measured in increments of time… When I wake from this darkness, I realize that I have fallen from my resting place… I look up to see the damaged floor of my sky-shanty, directly above me… Then I realize that I might have been knocked unconscious by the fall… If this assertion is true, I might also have acquired a concussion… My memory reminds me, it is not advisable to sleep with a concussion… Obliged to remain awake, my mind seems to be in bad shape from the fall, the dream, &c, &c, &c…
My mind continues to consider the many aspects of the dream… Painfully awake, I think of the dream, my life, my self, &c, &c, &c… Even after the sun rises fully above me, my thoughts continue as if they are still in this dark dream… Was it the dream or the fall that had brought me down to this? I thought…

No comments:

Post a Comment