Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tears in the I's of We...

Eyes weighing wearily
not from sights
  but seeing

Seeing without
 InSight
Gazing without
 Intent
Staring both
day and night
Gawking with
 resent

Mind's eye closes blind
As InSights
are outsourced
Sightless drifters left to find
what scavengers leave behind

Too much searching
with too little seen
Too much rehearsing
too small a scene

Eyes weighing down
falling under darkness
Not the lack of light
but vision lacking
starkness

Turning a blind mind's eye
to avoid beholding why
Watching in passive ennui
without the I's to see
beyond the views 
of we

As I's cry out
In tears or voices of their own
Those lights turned out
Shine like a flood lights' cone
Illuminating scenes
of landscapes flood-rinsed clean

The tears in the I's of we
cannot pour-out like this
They drown the I's within
the depths of their abyss

No comments:

Post a Comment