Friday, October 21, 2016

Time IS Money...

I'll never understand why there are no dollar-signs
on sundials, calendars, or clocks
Or why money isn't counted
in terms of hours, days, or years
Or why moments are seldom valued
like funds, or bonds, or stocks

What is all this time worth
if it isn't time we cherish
What would we trade it for
that wouldn't with it perish

In times of my poorest despair
I'd pinch pennies & hope to wake
from the impending fearful nightmare
where I've nothing left for death to take
But I've lived long enough
to have considered myself wealthy
even as times have been rough
and I've been so far from healthy

Time is money
Trade one for the other
Time is money
Each affords the other
It has only ever been what time
we spend, share, save, or squander
that has afforded our hearts to crave
and endowed our minds with wonder

Having earned a chance
a lifetime will be spent
and in death's romance
its fortune will have came & went
and so it goes
as it goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment