Monday, November 1, 2021

A Vision Of Trees...

https://plk.s6img.com/society6/img/70YFYmriVB18aQFdG9_xl69esFg/w_1500/prints/~artwork/s6-0044/a/19708394_14745269/~~/the-dreaming-tree-t05-prints.jpg

I walk through the forest

In envy of the trees

They don’t seem to struggle

To be stuck where they are

Or obscured by the forest

They don’t seem to care

What nests in their branches

As they reach toward the sun

Or what basks in their shade

Or what eats of their fruit

 

I stand in the forest

In awe of the trees

Do they know their value

As lumber, or paper, or pulp

Do they understand the fact that

All they have to do is grow and die

And they can still become transcended

As the woodwork of a beautiful building

Or the pages of some transformative tale

 

I leave the forest

While contemplating the trees

I tell the trees they are marvelous

But they don’t need to know this

They don’t need anything

Except for maybe a bit of light

And the occasional rain

Although they don’t seem to mind

When the clouds block the sun

And refuse to let go of the rain

Until the soil has cracked dry

And leaves shrivel to die

 

I dream of the forest

As a man become tree

I imagine the sun beaming down

And my limbs reaching high

As the earth embraces my roots

And the winds dance my leaves

But I wake as a man

For better or worse

Do the trees dream

Of ants, or of me

Is there any difference

As they look down

From their dream

No comments:

Post a Comment