Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Ligature Life...

Bound to try
in this ligature life
to capture some "why"
and tie it to some strife

Binding some place to me
I restrain some ecstasy
Then captivate some love
and tie to gawds above

In this ligature life I live
there's little slack to give
for to all I am entangled
by its departure I'd be strangled

Tied to every hope
till running out of rope
Trying to hold the lines
that turn to thorny vines
as the ligature life constricts
around the circulation it restricts


In this ligature life I'm tied
to every noose applied
I'll hang from all I hang on to
and be drawn & quartered too

And if I just let go
or cut the knots I've tied?
What connections would I know?
What lines would I confide?

I wonder what would be
if the holds were all set free
and there was nothing holding "we"
leaving only you and me

But the ligature life holds tight
constricting on my might
and bound to my despair
this is what I share

No comments:

Post a Comment