Monday, October 12, 2015

Together Alone...

She can feel the bonds are slipping
despite the way shes gripping
and her heart feels like its ripping
with her tears now slowly dripping
She cries

Don't leave me alone
I can't face this world on my own
I'd rather my heart sink like a stone
than be adrift upon seas unknown

Despite all the pain inflicted
and how tightly she's restricted
to this noose she's now addicted
and it's just as fate predicted
She pleads

Don't leave me alone
banished to what I've never known
I'll say anything I must to atone
Just save me from this gallow's groan

Before he's out the door
knowing he can't do this anymore
and that she's no longer his amore
he thinks back to some before
fearing

He'll be all alone
in a world he could never condone
Perhaps the best he can do is postpone
the day when he'll die on his own

As he stops to think it through
he can't be sure what he should do
so he tries to see her view
in a way he'll misconstrue
thinking

All we've ever known
is the same white flag we've flown
In a world of one lonesome moan
We're better off confined than alone

So they're united by their tears
and protected from their fears
They go on this way for years
in the echoes of old cheers
they sing

We're together alone
in a way we can't be on our own
In the marrow of every bone
is the blood of our wounds unknown
though the scars are so visibly shown

No comments:

Post a Comment