Monday, October 15, 2018

Saddle-Up The Tumbleweed...

Watch the wind in all it blows
Moving all toward... (no one knows)
The whole wide world is tossed around
as tumbleweeds glide over ground
like whispers dancing past all sound

I wish I'd learned to saddle-up
the tumbleweeds and giddy-up
then these winds that toss me 'round
to places I'm more lost than found
would not determine destinations
but propel with newfound fascinations
For then upon these gusts of time
I'd float like reason upon rhyme

See the wind in all it moves
Watch tumbleweeds no force reproves
Dream of days I'd move like them
and vindicate what force condemns
like spitting spite from futile-phlegm

...and now that winds blow hard again
I'm anchored waiting for some when
When no more binds me where I've been
A when like now, but more aware
and filled with weightlessness of dare
to bravely gaze, not stagnant stare

So saddle-up the tumbleweed
and ride the winds that set things free
in ways without whips cracked on steed
Yes! Saddle-Up The Tumbleweed
while weights upon us have no need
to strand us where wind disagreed
and surges against what we'd concede
Go Saddle-Up The Tumbleweed
to ride upon what fate accedes
and dance as all of time proceeds

No comments:

Post a Comment