Sunday, July 26, 2015

Woe and Work...

The work itself is rarely difficult
It's the nonsense imposed on you
  The prohibited language
  The useless forms
  The dress code
  The pointless meetings
  and everything else
    that isn't your job
It's the petty co-workers fighting
  for a promotion
  for validation
  for favors
  and nothing,
  and nothing,
  and nothing
It's an incompetent boss
  that gets in your face
  blaming you for faults
  that are theirs alone
It's ignorant and rude customers
 that you can't ignore
  and you can't insult
 no matter how insipid they are
It's the endless parade of
 degenerate dummies
 deplorable decrees
 and dissociative doctrines
It's all these things that don't work
but that you have to work with
It's all these worthless woes
It's not the work at all

I can't say why
all this nonsense is made mandatory
I don't know why
all this woe is imposed on work
I don't see why
all these people insist it remain
I can't tell you why
it's more important to conform
than to excel in tasks you perform

I wish that people could be themselves
I wish they could work together sensibly
I wish they weren't so restricted and confused
I wish that people could be themselves
I wish they could just get things done
 and leave each other alone
I wish there wasn't all this woe
I wish that work was just work
I wish people could be themselves
I wish it all made sense

But it's not the way things are
It won't be that way any lifetime soon
So I suppose this leaves one hand empty
and another smelly and full
Oh well
It's not as if this work can't all be done
with one hand tied behind my back
It would be nice to be able to wash-up
but there's too much other pschyt
for me to worry about right now

No comments:

Post a Comment