Thursday, August 13, 2015

Crickets Stridulating/The Lotus Far Away...

I'm not the first to notice
crickets stridulating feverishly
in the molten heat of summers
or the symbolism of the lotus
blossoming in streams brilliantly
emerging from murky unders

I have only heard of the lotus flowers
and cannot bear witness to their truth
  they remain far from my own view
I have heard crickets stridulate for hours
like clocks ticking away at fragile youth
  with something sinister to imbue

I hear the crickets now
incessant in the scorching heat
vexatiously vociferating banality
As my eyes wonder how
in rivers I might never meet
a lotus drifts without sentimentality

I wish the cricket stridulations
were as silent as the leaves
of the lotus so serene
and the heated tribulations
would relent to recitatives
and drift away like lotus flowers
that remain to me unseen

I imagine the lotus drifting now
as it is no longer of, but from
what murky waters hide below
As it floats along its Tao
with nothing to succumb
beyond the constant flow

My mind is carried with this
drifting along the lotus stream
and the strident crickets
I dismiss
Awakened, now I dream

No comments:

Post a Comment