Sunday, August 9, 2015

Muted & Maligned...

I played my song
and no one cared
It took so long
to be prepared
Where I went wrong-
  I should not have dared

Eyes search for more
than what they see
Ears quickly bore
and turn absentee

The shadows grow longer
The lights dim down
The weakness is stronger
There's nothing to renown

I put the song away
and silence there arrived
I could neither leave nor stay
as nothing was derived

Eyes search for more
than what they cannot see
Ears constantly abhor
as oblivion's detainee

The gathered depart
The doors close
The void will impart
what there will then dispose

I leave the song behind
and the silence, and the shame
I lose my foolish mind
and accept all of my blame

Eyes roll over white
to whatever isn't there
Ears ring with spite
amidst the stagnant air

The night continues on
The earth inside the dark
The celestial pause to yawn
with nothing to remark

Dreamless there
 awake or sleeping
Blindly stare
 with eyes un-weeping

Silence then
 as every ending
Until again
 the chance pretending

How the weary sun can rise
and cast light onto distant skies
How the dead are made to rise
and clear away their sleep stained eyes

Ask the wisest of the wise
and all they say, they just surmise
that life is lived until it dies
and all will fail until it tries

As graves are marked without replies
I breathe enough to make a sigh
and flap my hands to ward off flies
unaware, but still in search of why
till muted & maligned goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment