Wednesday, February 11, 2015

In All That Isn't There...

I can see what isn't there
on a billion empty faces
in all these empty spaces
I see it in the eyes
that look all around
but always away

I can hear what doesn't care
in a million pleading voices
demanding restricted choices
I hear it in their words
that echo from beyond
these graves where they must stay

I can see beyond the stare
of a trillion vapid glances
from the depths of all their trances
I see it in the eyes
that are not transfixed, but bound
to colors all turned gray

I can hear beyond the blare
of dissonance declared
by the perpetually despaired
I hear it in the words
that sound more wrong than wronged
and pronounce no more than nay

In all that isn't there
there's something else
strangled, smothered, silenced,
secluded
It's all that's not there
that gets put in place of all that is
that makes this world
and so much in it
seem so hollow
and dead
and gone

In all that isn't there
there's something else
hibernating, hiding, haunting
hindered
It's all that's in its way
that corrupts and keeps it away
from this world that is so bold
and vivaciously alive
and vibrantly resounding
beneath the veil of vile vapidity

In all that isn't there
there's so much else that is
enough to fill the faces
enough to fill the spaces
enough to fill the sounds
enough to make it all resound
and more, and more, and more...

In all that isn't there
In all that isn't seen
In all that isn't heard
is infinity in exile
is divinity
is style
is everything
worth while
in all that isn't there

No comments:

Post a Comment