Sunday, September 20, 2015

I Wanted To Wake The World...

I wanted to wake the world
from its silly stupid slumber
So I spoke like thunder
and I raged like a human-storm
but the world kept sleeping
completely unmoved

I wanted to wake the world
from its contemptibly confounded coma
So I concocted a cure
and I administered an antidote
but the world was unresponsive
its condition unimproved

I wanted to wake the world
from its death and decay
So I summoned a savior
and it came right away
but no martyr was made
Just another spirit entombed

I wanted to wake the world
from its eternal damnation
So I gave it my soul
after much contemplation
but the world only festered
and my soul was removed

Now I just want to sleep in
forever or longer
I just wish it was in my own dreams
and not in this world's somber slumber
but I can neither sleep nor wake
and my life is unused

The world is ever sleeping
as death is ever creeping
Making nightmares of dreams
and a silence from screams
So I suppose it is best
to relax like the rest
or to wake on your own
and dream all alone 
though I claim this confused
and only slightly amused

No comments:

Post a Comment