Friday, September 11, 2015

The Future...

The future stares at me
with red eyes glowing
with fanged teeth showing
with venom flowing

The future screams at me
its voice so shrill
its words to kill
with a bloody thrill

The future haunts me
from sins today
from past dismay
from refusal to pay

The future looms over me
in a haze of lies
in lethargic sighs
in the good that dies

The future hates me
with all the rest
so dispossessed
and faux-oppressed

The future awaits me
with the reaper ready
its blade held steady
as if I've died already

The future kills me
a little more each day
by promising dismay
to lead my steps astray

The future owns me
when I let it take my place
turning away from its face
and breaking from my pace

The future forgets me
before I've even gone
outgoing or withdrawn
as every king and pawn

No comments:

Post a Comment