Sunday, December 6, 2015

Broken Works...

No matter how much I bleed
It doesn't help the gears turn
No matter how I proceed
It only makes my mind burn
As gears grind a screeching halt
 Smoke-signals decry no fault
 Shards of shrapnel scar my mind
What blood will be left behind

Broken works to tear me down
To build monumental frowns
Why don't I cast tasks aside
 When they can't be rectified
Why I work so hard for pain-
 Broken works inside my brain

No matter how much I sweat
Everything evaporates
No matter how much I get
Every sum just aggravates
As my skin both drowns & dries
 There's a stinging in my eyes
 All I grasp slips through my hands
Is this what the task demands

Broken works to split my core
To make less of so much more
Why do I press-on so hard
 Building what I'll just discard
Why I toil in such vain-
  Broken works inside my brain

No matter how hard I cry
It never fills the quota
No matter how hard I try
It amounts to no iota
As my tears fall far too short
 My intents will not purport
 Tearful floods create a drought
What else could this bring about

Broken works for devastation
To be done without cessation
Why keep building all this ruin
 When I know it's what I'm doin'
Why I carry on this way-
 Broken works on my main mainstay

No comments:

Post a Comment