Saturday, January 30, 2016

Clearly Dark...

I see the darkest things clearly
I see the black spots of souls
 peeping out of dilated pupil-windows
I hear the darkest things clearly
I hear undertones in abysmal fumaroles
 obfuscated by platitudes and innuendos

and it's blinding me
and it's deafening to me
but I try to see the light
but I listen for something bright
Though it's denied me
Though it's inside me

So inside the shadow realms
Amid all that underwhelms
I'm dreaming while awake
-Dreaming that I will awake
as this nightmare just goes on
with everything so wrong

and the sun rises still
but never above that hill
of the dark horizon's peak
that's above all it leaves so bleak
and the dark imposes silence
and a blind & hateful violence

So all that eyes can see
is the darkness roaming free
as a fire hides in smoke so black
and it seems the light will not be back
while the dead seem so vibrant here
as they murder even fear

Now what could be more dark
than this fearless horror's mark
where death is all too tame
in a life of woe and shame
as everything turns so dull
in the mud of this dark hole

and it is all so clearly dark
and it is all so dismal here
in this world of murdered fear
In this world so clearly dark
it's hard to see the light
but it's still somewhere in sight
For the darkness couldn't be so clear
without a light being somewhere near

So if you can see it,
or if it's you shining
& you're afraid to be seen with it,
or fear the light's resigning
Take a look at all the clearly dark
and imagine if there was just one spark
to start a flame, and blaze so bright
and break the spell of dismal night

No comments:

Post a Comment