Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I Just Can't See You Anymore World...

I'll have to look somewhere else world
I just can't see you anymore
When I look at you world
I don't see what I used to
I don't see the hopeful place
 that my child-eyes could see
I don't see the wondrous things
 that my dreamy mind could be
I don't see the potential
I don't see the use
I don't see anything
 that I can stand to see
I can't see you anymore world

I don't know what it is exactly
 that happened to you, to me
I don't know how or why
And most importantly
 I don't know what can be done
I just can't see you anymore world

I look at what you are world
and I don't see what you once were
or what you might have been
I look at what you are world
and all I see are things
Things that shouldn't be
Things that aren't right
Things that don't matter
Things that are just things
Things that are nothings

I just can't see you anymore world
Where have you gone
What has been left in your place
Who are these things
that you've left here
When will it all end
Why must this all go on
How can any of this be you world

I'll have to look somewhere else world
Because I just can't see you anymore
and it's hard to even imagine seeing
myself having anything to do with you
I don't know where I've gone
or where I'll go
or what to look for
or what else there is to see
But I just can't see you anymore world
Not like this-world
Not like this world
Not like this

No comments:

Post a Comment