Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Sprinklers Triggering...

I was supposed to be a guard at this place
where the sprinklers were always shooting water
that blasted the facility's fences and their sensors
and triggered the alarms in the control room
BUZZZZZZZZ
  BUZZZZZZZZZZ
Every time the sprinklers traversed
across the sensitive fence line
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
The horrible sound continually erupted
and I had to clear the incident
by clicking on a monitor
or the sound would just go on
without any acknowledgement
and I would risk being found in dereliction of my duties
 BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
   BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
     BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
This would go on for hours, and hours, and hours
with the sound of the alarms going off
every few seconds or so
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
   BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
as my nerves would wear down until they were completely shot
and no matter how many times the sound came back repeating
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
     BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 it was no longer alarming
and nothing else could be alarming either

Great armies could have invaded
Monsters could have been unleashed
The Armageddon could have begun right then and there
but all I would have cared about or been responsible for
was the silencing of the incessant sounds of the alarms going off
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
In fact if anything collided with the fences
other than the aquatic-blasts that mechanically watered down the lawn and my senses
I could only hope that if something damaged or stole anything
that it would include the damned alarms with it
so I could be availed of the constant
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
and maybe even live without the constant futility of all these senseless alarms

But having left this place and all its futile alarms
I still can't escape so many other similar and equally senseless buzzings
I don't know why the lawns of the world can't be left to grow on their own
or why the alarms have to be sounded every time something moves against a sensor
And I may never know why it all has to be or cause such senselessness
I just try to clear the sounds when I hear them, and stay as clear of them as I can

No comments:

Post a Comment