Sunday, January 31, 2016

What Sense Awakens...

In eyes I see the sight
of my own blind gaze awaken
as my mind discovers light
and welcomes a sense forsaken

In a voice I hear the sound
of what resonates within me
and my heart begins to pound
in ways the lonesome envy

The scent remains unknown
The taste, I've yet to kiss
The touching feeling is beyond my reach
  What sight may such eyes know
  What distant sounds are heard like this
  What sense would this dare to teach

It is in these words that I cannot breathe
of such thoughts I have without reprieve
-thoughts I'd not believe
on the breaths I used to breathe

What sense is it this awakens
What's in this sense of a destination
What's conceived in these contemplation
What's lost in what was once forsaken

Even eyes that turn away
can find a light beyond just day
and these nor any other words can say
what sense awakens in this way

No comments:

Post a Comment