Sunday, January 11, 2015

From a Tomb of Paper...

It comes back to life
or as something there is no better word for
not living, not dying
but bleeding from pages
eternally unending
though having been interred
for some time

From a tomb of paper
the words find me
like ghosts sent to haunt me
spirits confined to taunt me

Words of the deceased
on pages like epitaphs
marking the remnants
  of life lost,
   ideas covered over,
   and committals since committed
Juxtaposed and imposed upon me
possessing me,
or becoming possessed by me

From a tomb of paper
I find vitality
more vitality there
than in the animated automatons
this zeitgeist united
Less frightful
but more ominous
Less active
but more aeffecting

Living words
of dead or dying days
of lost or stolen ways
Dreams or nightmares
that refuse to
rest in peace

From a tomb of paper
Life cries out
Death is decried
I feel I must reply
or at least attempt to try

These words will be the death of me
these words that live despite me
or in spite of me
words to fill pages
making this tomb seem less empty
this story seem more full
this living seem under control

From these tombs of paper
I find life, and I find death
I find the life inside the breath
The words that form meaning
these dreams preserved though fleeting

From these tombs of paper
remembrance lasts too long
delaying the unsung song

No comments:

Post a Comment